Monday, January 14, 2013

Usagi Minagi - Well Worth the Wait

All good things come to those who wait... Four and a half years after starting my first, experimental stub on a DVD release at Boobpedia: Pocha Pocha Princess Pretty Exciting! Usagi (ぽちゃぽちゃプリンセス・プリティ感激! 美袋うさぎ; TIA-012; November 2006), I have FINALLY found decent, full-sized screen-shots.
The breath-taking star of the show, Usagi Minagi inspired me to start the article, even though, search as I might-- and you can believe I searched and SEARCHED-- I could only find thumbnail images...
Part of the "experiment" was in putting together enough text on the DVD to justify an article. That wordy experiment, of course, was followed by thousands of one-line DVD stubs "Such & such is a Japanese DVD starring so & so, and released on..." Not that those aren't absolutely legitimate as well, in my book.
Re-reading the article's text-- and I'm always embarrassed reading my old stuff-- I don't find it as "stretched" as I thought it was as the time.
It's obviously based on a Wikipedia film article, complete with "Cast" and "Critical appraisal" sections, and citations for every sentence, as if the article writer does not have enough authority to make simple, obvious observation, yet has the authority to claim what is "notable" as a subject, what is "reliable" as a source, to create rules for writing articles and behavior at a project, to enforce discipline, to remove other writer's legitimate, sourced work, etc., etc., etc., but don't get me started on the Wiki-nightmare again...
I cobbled together "reviews"-- some puff-text from the publisher, together with commentary from sellers, and a couple user reviews... and what's wrong with that? A Japanese BBW video, an obscure sub-genre even now, was an extremely specialized item then. Why NOT take the information and literature from the sources that know the subject... But I digress again...
These images, no surprise, show that the wait was well worth it. Usagi-chan remains one of the most supernaturally entrancing of all the Japanese BBWs. She packs so much power on such a small frame, she's so doll-like and squeezeable, her voice is so dainty... She seems to have some spunk too. I saw a clip of a pre-video interview once when the director cleverly asked her if "Usagi" ("rabbit") is her real name. She just looked daggers at him, as if to say, "keep this professional!". He quickly moved on to more appropriate other subjects... like the size of her butt :-)
The lovely Usagi-chan is still with us-- long may she remain-- most recently gracing director MAGURO's latest work for JAMS, MAGURO-038, as reported here last week.

Note: Even better things come to those who wait longer! On May 14, 2013, I was finally able to procure a copy of this entire video, and-- as I anticipated-- it is a work of loveliness in the extreme. For my marathon three-day review of this video, see my posts for  5/14/13, 5/14/13, and 5/16/13.

No comments:

Post a Comment