Saturday, January 12, 2013

Miss Navajo

Ya'at'eeh! Flipping through Netflix' selections this evening, I came across a 2007 documentary on the Miss Navajo pageant, entitled, appropriately enough, Miss Navajo.
Winifred Bessie Jumbo - Miss Navajo Nation 2010-2011
It was interesting enough as a film, gave some glimpses into the culture, etc., all as expected. But what caught me by surprise was not only the beauty of these young women, but the fact that the pageant-- unlike nearly every other one I'm aware of-- does not seem to discriminate against bigger, well-rounded girls.
Crystalyne Curley - Miss Navajo Nation 2011 - 2012
Hence, given their obviously Asian features, combined with their chubbiness, there were several girls who really caught my eye. A glance at the list of contestants will show you several quite lovely ladies you will meet in the documentary.
Yolanda Charley - Miss Navajo Nation 2008-2009
I recommend the film moderately for its interesting look into one aspect of the the Navajo culture, and I recommend it highly for fans of pretty, chubby ladies. I know a few of you read this blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment