Saturday, June 16, 2012

Bakunyû Pony Express

For your reading pleasure, I have decorated this post with images of Iori Kuroki sticking her O-cup bazooms in my readers' collective face. These are from the IZM offering, Bakunyû chi-fujin ("Madame Crazy Huge Boobs" - 爆乳痴夫人; ICD-183).



In Pink Film / IMDb work, I added about a dozen new posters to the pre-1990 Pink Film archive today, and submitted another dozen links to IMDb to my Picasaweb Pink Film albums. I guess this will be my main activity for a while-- linking the IMDb entries with my poster archives.



Last night I finished preparing the last few Pink film posters for uploading. I turned in early without doing any online work. The nighttime entertainment was filled by another Roy Rogers epic, Frontier Pony Express (Republic, 1939). Andy Devine was missing in this one, and the comic-relief taken up-- less amusingly-- by Raymond Hatton as "Horseshoe". Given the target audience for this type of film, and the often overly-respectful treatment of the Confederacy in U.S. Civil War films of that era, I was rather surprised that the Confederates are the bad guys in this one, and Roy Rogers-- the hero-- is a Yankee. I wonder what the politics behind this decision were... The plot had Rogers as a Pony Express rider fighting Southern spies who are out to nab Union gold and communications, and to push California into the Southern camp, while the leader of the spies is actually trying to make California into his own little kingdom. Rogers and Trigger (also surprisingly often working separately) save the day. Decent enough entertainment to use as a relaxative right before beddie-bye. If lacking in the risky experimentation to be found in some films noir, these B-westerns are at least pretty solid and dependable-- if not terribly exciting-- entertainment. Watch it for yourself at the good ol' Internet Archive. Six Stars a-janglin'.

2 comments:

  1. Would love to see miss Kuroki! Amazing bust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she magnificent. I only wish I'd never seen her smoking...

    ReplyDelete