Friday, May 25, 2012

A Life at Stake

I'm in the middle of changing gears in the Munekyunkissa project. I finished up the main ALB- / Busty Amateur Nakadashi 10-film template list articles and main article for the series last night. I also did more preparation for the Actress-bio stage of the project. This morning I worked out some final bugs in the skeleton file, and started one bio: Aimi Sakamoto. My evening session was spent starting bio stubs for the rest of the list of Busty Amateur Nakadashi series DVDs: 001 - 010. I got all but one started-- couldn't find enough info on that one... All the actresses in the first 10 DVDs have been of pretty actresses, certainly, but of non-Dekkappedlian proportions. Skinny, model-pretty.. I do like the chubby girls... I'll no doubt go to a more BBW-centric project after this one-- MAGURO maybe (our much-admired Yuuki Manaka is featured on the cover of MAGURO-014 at left)-- or updates on other big-girl labels like JAMS or IZM...

I spent most of my afternoon BP session adding new actress bio-stubs started by other editors to the List of Big Breasted Japanese AV Actresses. That list was one of the first things I started at Boobpedia, and, not long after it had been added, the founder of the project told me it was one of the most-viewed pages at the site. This list actually started from a list of Japanese AV Actresses that was deleted at Wikipedia back when I first got suckered into contributing there-- 2006. One of the popular reasons for deleting things in those days was because they were "unsourceable". "How do we even know these people exist?" So, before it was deleted, with the intent of restoring the list, I saved it for myself and spent my free hours sourcing every entry I could, and removing the very few I couldn't. By the time I had it all sourced, I had come to realize that, of course, the ruling class at Wikipedia just plain didn't want that kind of information there, but they won't say so openly. They have to do lip-service to "Not censored / not biased / neutral point of view" and all those other lies. This all applies only to the English Wikipedia, of course. Japanese Wikipedia still stays true to the spirit under which Wikipedia was founded-- the honest presentation of information-- and so, like any project claiming to aspire to "the sum of human knowledge", they do have hundreds of articles on these models who have appeared in internationally-distributed media. Japanese Wikipedia's problem is that its users rarely cite their sources-- and yet I have found JWiki to be almost always correct in its information-- information that would be / is banned at English Wiki. When I finally had had enough of the garbage at Wikipedia, I considered just staying full-time at JWiki. My Japanese isn't good enough (to say the least) to contribute text, but I could have provided citations to back up unsourced facts. But the same problem which ruined English Wiki still looms at JWiki: There are no real policies, no set-in-stone statement that X is allowed here, and Y is not. Style X is used here, Style Y is not. There are no policies and no authorities. It's all in flux, up for non-stop argument, and subject to change either through the interpretation by anonymous users, or the complete making up from scratch of policies by anonymous users. For anyone there to contribute information, it's a recipe for disaster, one that has come true at English Wikipedia, and could (probably eventually will) happen at the other Wikis. If I did take the time to cite all that information, any one or group could come along and say, "Any source that covers subject X is not a 'reliable source'" and then delete it. This has happened at English Wiki. Contributing to any Wiki that does not openly state "We cover X, but not Y", is a waste of time. Anyway, when Boobpedia was started, I picked out the "Busty" entries and gave the list to that fine project. Wikipedia's loss.

Meanwhile, back at IMDb, it turned out Sharp had nothing much to say about Sex semi dokyumento: Renzoku fujo bôkôma-- which I've been holding off on submitting-- except to cite it as a typical misogynistic rape pinku, with the slightly odd fact that one of the main actresses-- Rumi Tama-- was the step mother of the director-- Seiji Izumi. So I went ahead and submitted it today. I see one of my previously-submitted articles has gone live: Poruno repôto: Bôkô-ma (1976). I made a fair amount of new submissions today also: Blue film no Onna: Chissoku (ブルーフィルムの女 ちっそく; Genji Nakamura; Genji Production; 1978-11), Chikan genkôhan (痴漢現行犯; Giichi Nishihara; Shintoho Company; 1978-10), Chikan kakueki teisha: Ossan nani surun'ya (痴漢各駅停車 おっさん何するんや; Minoru Inao; Shintoho Company; 1978-05), Chikan saishû densha (痴漢最終電車; Minoru Inao; Shintoho Company; 1978-08), Chikan waisetsu kôen (痴漢ワイセツ公園; Minoru Inao; Shintoho Company; 1978-11), Chikan yokochô joshi ryô mae (痴漢横丁女子寮前; Tadashi Yoyogi; Watanabe Pro / Nikkatsu; 1978-12-02), and Nuresugita mesuneko (濡れすぎた牝猫 / 濡れた牝猫; Banmei Takahashi; Takahashi Pro; 1979-07-10).

My evening's entertainment continued the survey I started unintentionally a couple nights ago of Angela Lansbury's film noir/femme fatale career. This one was A Life at Stake (1954). It was almost as good, not quite, as the last one. Fine acting from all the leads helped this one quite a bit. Besides Ms. Lansbury, the major roles were taken by Keith Andes as her lover/possible victim, Douglass Dumbrille as her elderly, but spry, husband, and Claudia Barrett as her shy and goodhearted (and much more attractive in my eye) younger sister. Even the minor characters had memorable and capable performers such as Ma Joad herself-- Jane Darwell. Paul Guilfoyle's directing was competent, but this one was flawed by budget and screenplay. Lansbury's motivations were never quite clear: Was she really in love with Andes, and cheating on her husband with him? Or was she working with her husband to seduce Andes and bump him off for insurance money? This question could have been used to create suspense, but instead it was just confusing. We never really know, even after the scheming couple meet their untimely end... Still, it was an entertaining little thriller. If you need a painless way to spend 75 minutes, check it out for yourself at the Internet Archive.

No comments:

Post a Comment