Tuesday, February 24, 2015

This is the end

I've been away from this blog for a while, busy working on my BBW JAV archive, but now it looks like this archive, and the two Pink Film archives have all been a waste of time. After long claiming to be anti-censorship, pro-free-speech, etc., Google has announced its intent to join the forces of censorship and remove all blogs with "adult" content.

I didn't just choose Google/Blogger on a whim when I came here. I checked to make sure they accepted adult content, and I made every effort to abide by their rules and policies. And they reward this by not just changing, but by completely reversing their policies. In May 2008, they published "Promoting free expression on the internet", stating, "Google's commitment to freedom of expression is at the core of everything we do"... HA! In January 2012, they posted, "Don't censor the web", which just looks like a sick joke today, now that they have decided to become the web's biggest censors. They invited us to trust them, then spit in our faces once we did.

So, for the coming month, I will be looking for a new place to display my stuff. This blog has been a lot of fun, and it is, by far, the most popular of my blogs. But my main concern, as far as sharing information and images, is for the archives-- the Pre-1990 Pink Film Archive, the Post-1990 Pink Film Archive, and the JAV Archive. I'm looking at Wordpress, but they have an ominously vaguely-stated policy with regards to adult content. They first say that they permit "mature" content, but then use subjective language which they could interpret, or change, at a whim, to delete a lot of work if they choose to. Google, after all, didn't just re-interpret their policy, the flat-out reversed it.  Tumblr might also be worth looking into-- maybe better than Wordpress?... I don't know... If anyone has a better suggestion for an adult-tolerant, safe, free blog/archive forum, please let me know!

It's been a fun, rewarding four years working on this blog. When I started it, I'd thought I was pretty much the only guy in the world who admired the beauty of big, beautiful Asian ladies. In the course of writing, sharing information, and discovering new models, I've also been happy to meet fellow fans of these lovely ladies. Keep dropping me notes until the last day-- March 23-- and we'll meet again... don't know where, don't know when... but I know we'll meet again some sunny day!

*********************************************

P.S. (Feb. 25) Thanks to reader Brandt, I've started moving this blog over to Tumblr. Apparently Tumblr only allows 250 posts per day, so the move of all four blogs is going to take a week or so. I'll start with this blog though, since I'm the least anally-retentive with it, and I can experiment with formatting, and learn how to use the new site without messing up my archives. Here it is started at Tumblr:


Being a new site to me, it's going to take a little getting used to. But so far it doesn't look too uncomfortable or difficult... I don't see the dates of the posts listed, but that can probably be fixed in settings somehow...

*********************************************

P.P.S. (Feb. 26) I've finished exporting this blog to Tumblr, and started on the first Pink Film Archive. Here it is:


I like the way the pages look on Tumblr, better than Blogger. I don't like that it does the infinite page thing... there must be a way to limit pages to 5 posts or so... I'm also finding editing to be rather perplexing-- adding, posting images, titling, dating, composing, etc... I'll figure it out though... One major benefit I see so far is that Tumblr allows scheduling posts back to 1963 at least, meaning I can combine the two JAV archives into one-- as they should have always been...

16 comments:

  1. bad new! and you should buy some TBs external hardisk for backup your work data :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, CoPhong! Yeah-- I'm still trying to recover that 4TB disk worth of data!... I'm getting pretty burned out on electronic media... anyway, I'll look for another place to move to, and I'll try to leave notes here, and on my Twitter account... and I'll probably keep polishing my last rant until they finally pull the plug... It's been a fun four years anyway!

      Delete
  2. I can definitely recommend tumblr as an alt. if you're still considering it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helial, and welcome to the blog!
      I'll look into Tumblr-- other people have recommended it... my main concern (for the Pink Film / JAV archives) is the ability to place them in a chronological order... I'll investigate... Thanks!

      Delete
    2. It definitely does seem like the best alternative. Adult content is allowed, you can follow other people who interest you, use tags/keywords, and reblog from other people who write similar things, such as myself.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Brandt. I'll look into it further. One troubling thing is that I see Tumblr was purchased by Yahoo in 2013... My very first online work in this field was in Yahoo Clubs in 1998. They were good at first, but then started deleting things, which drove me away from that service... Also-- do you know if I can mass-import my blogs to Tumblr? (It appears that WordPress does allow this.)

      Delete
    4. Good point there. There was talk of Yahoo removing Tumblr's mature content, but so far everything's been a hoax. Apart from recently putting ads in, it's pretty much unchanged.

      I Google'd your question and it directed me to this:

      http://www.bloggertotumblr.com/

      It uses the RSS feed, so it should be compatible with Blogspot, or anything with RSS, as long as it's public. While the post limit is 1,000, you've only made ~477 so far, so that should work out, and you can make virtually infinitely more on Tumblr.
      The biggest issue though, is that all of your photos (and videos) are linked from this blog and not directly uploaded to Tumblr, so if you DO delete this Blogspot, they'll all go kaput.

      Delete
    5. 1000 posts maximum? Yikes, I've already made 1534 posts in the last five years :(

      Delete
    6. ...right-- 1,000 posts wouldn't work for the archives... both Pink Film archives are at well over 1,000, and the JAV one-- only two months old-- is over 800 already... but then maybe individual posts aren't the way to go on Tumblr... re-uploading all those images is going to be a major pain, of course... they're all at Picasaweb now, but Google owns that too... I won't delete this blog, but it's going to be made private, so maybe the Picasaweb images will remain, and I could just paste the link code into Tumblr?... this may be an opportunity to better organize the archives... though it's still going to be a lot of duplicated/wasted work... guess I'll find out soon enough... Thanks for the info, Brandt!

      Delete
    7. ...ah... the 1,000 post limit is for the transfer program, not a Tumblr limit...

      Delete
    8. OK-- I've started moving this blog over to Tumblr:

      http://dekkappai.tumblr.com/

      Come & follow me there!

      Delete
    9. I've started to think about moving to Wordpress, "just in case". When I first decided to blog in 2010 I did some research, most of which relied on the advice of fellow bloggers. I came to the conclusion that Blogger was best as a free service, while Wordpress offered more if you pick their pay-service. I'm not sure though. What I like about Blogger is that it (theoretically) will be online forever. If I die one day I want to leave a legacy. I know that might sound morbid, but hey! People die, and tomorrow it might be my turn. I don't want my blog to be deleted six weeks after I die because the subscription hasn't been paid.

      Delete
  3. This is a sad day. I didn't hear about it until now because my own blog doesn't contain adult material. Nevertheless, I feel sympathy with those who are affected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike... but things like this never stop just with "adult" content... Yahoo comment boards started out censoring swear words, and now you can't even say "Dick Cheney", "Nazi", "kook", etc., etc... it's a very bad precedent... especially from a site that touted itself as a defender of free speech...

      Delete
  4. Hello Dekkapai
    I think they changed decision about removing all adult blogs:
    https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/6170671

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for this link, fenriz!
      This news will cause some re-thinking...

      Delete